Having trouble paying for Medicare or other health costs? Medicare Savings Programs (MSP) are available to help older adults pay their monthly Part A/B premiums, annual deductibles, or copayments for visits and services. MSPs are administered by the Hawaii Med-Quest Division.
• Qualified Medicare Beneficiary (QMB) Program pays Medicare Parts A and B premiums, deductibles, copayments and coinsurance.
• Specified Low-Income Medicare Beneficiary (SLMB) Program pays Part B premiums.
• Qualifying Individual (QI) Program pays Part B premiums.
• Qualified Disabled and Working Individuals (QDWI) Program pays Part A premiums for working beneficiaries under 65 with disabilities. QMB, SLMB and QI Programs also eliminate lifetime penalties if you enrolled late for Medicare.
• Extra Help is a low-income subsidy program that helps 1) pay for prescription drug (Part D) premiums/deductibles, 2) lowers copays for covered medications and 3) provides full coverage during the Coverage Gap. Extra Help is administered by the Social Security Administration.
Contact Hawaii SHIP for an appointment.
Free, local, one-on-one Medicare counseling is provided by the Hawai‘i State Health Insurance Assistance Program.
250 South Hotel St., Ste. 406, Honolulu, HI 96813
Oahu: 808-586-7299 | Toll free: 888-875-9229