Although new rules and social distancing regulations have been put in place due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there are still resources available to you just a phone call away. Social Security services can be provided at no cost from the safety of your home.

If you are turning 65 or being furloughed from your employer’s group medical plan, you should consider transitioning into a Medicare plan as soon as you are notified. Three months prior to turning 65, you can apply for Medicare Part A , which covers inpatient hospital care with no monthly premium. Your Medicare Part B outpatient coverage will have a monthly premium based on your adjusted gross tax return two years prior to the year you are applying.

You can obtain the Part B enrollment form CMS 40B online.

If you’re being furloughed, provide your human resources manager with the Request for Employment form CMS L564 (find both forms at This form will verify that you’ve had continuous company group medical coverage from your employer. Once Social Security receives both completed forms, they will process your Part B effective date.

1360 S. Beretania St. Ste. 209, Honolulu, HI 96814
Margaret Wong, Sales & Marketing Director
808-591-4877 |