The Hawai‘i Department of Health (HDOH) is moving forward with its implementation of the state’s COVID-19 vaccination plan.
Points of dispensing (PODs) are open across the state for the initial phases of the COVID-19 vaccine distribution.
As Hawai‘i continues to receive more vaccine, dosages are being distributed to vaccination PODs throughout the islands as quickly as possible.
There are two major phases in the vaccination plan. The first phase is now underway to protect the three priority groups:
◆ WINTER: Phase 1A includes healthcare personnel and long-term care facility residents, which is estimated to be 6 percent of Hawai‘i’s total population are eligible to register for vaccination.
◆ WINTER: Phase 1B initially included frontline essential workers and adults 75 and older, which is about 20 percent of Hawai‘i’s population. In early March, the DOH announced that those who are 70 or older could register for COVID-19 vaccine appointments starting on March 8.
◆ SPRING: Beginning on March 15, phase 1C began, which includes adults aged 65 to 74 years, persons 16 to 64 years old with high-risk medical conditions and essential workers not included in the other categories. Phase 1C will covers 47 percent of the state’s population.
◆ SUMMER: Phase 2 will cover the rest of the population, which includes all persons 16 years and older who are not in the other categories.
It is estimated that 73 percent of Hawai‘i’s population will receive the vaccination if all those in Phase 1 receive the vaccine. Phase 2 will cover the remaining 27 percent of the state’s population.
How Will I Know When It’s My Turn?
You may hear from your healthcare provider, your employer, announcements from state and local leaders, or the media. Subscribe to daily updates at health.hawaii.gov/updates. Review the pre-vaccination checklist and register for your vaccination at http://bit.ly/C19VaccReg.
COVID-19 STATE OF HAWAI‘I PORTAL
808-586-8332 | 833-711-0645
Kaua‘i County: http://bit.ly/KauaiC19VaccFacts
Maui County: http://bit.ly/MauiC19VaccFacts
Hawai‘i County: http://bit.ly/BigIsleC19VaccFacts
Note that the HDOH may provide continuing updates.