Q:  My child who gets Social Security will be attending his last year of high school in the fall. He turns 19 in a few months. Do I need to fill out a form for his benefits to continue?

A:  Yes. You should receive a SSA-1372-BK form in the mail about three months before your son’s birthday. Your son needs to complete the form and take it to his school’s office for certification. Then, you need to return page two and the certified page three back to Social Security for processing. If you can’t find the form we mailed to you, you can find it online at www.socialsecurity.gov/forms/ssa-1372.pdf.

Q:  How can I get a copy of my Social Security Statement?

A:  You can get your personal Social Security Statement online by using your personal “my Social Security” account. If you don’t yet have an account, you can easily create one. Your online statement gives you secure and convenient access to your earnings records. It also shows estimates for retirement, disability, and survivors benefits you and your family may be eligible for.

To set up or use your account to get your online Social Security Statement, go to www.socialsecurity.gov/myaccount.

We also mail statements to workers age 60 and over who aren’t receiving Social Security benefits and do not yet have a “my Social Security” account. We mail the statements three months prior to your birthday

For questions, online applications or to make an appointment to visit a SSA office, call from 7am–5pm, Mon–Fri: 1-800-772-1213 (toll free) | www.socialsecurity.gov