There is no better gift that you can give your loved one than taking care of your health and staying fit. Living well means that you will be able to enjoy your time together for decades to come. Rather than the old routine of chocolates or dining out, why not try something more active and fun, something new to explore. Here are five ideas:
- Hiking/Nature walk. Go for a walk on the beach, or hike with your special someone. The peace and quiet with natural scenery not only is romantic, but you’ll burn calories and increase endorphin levels.
- Dancing. Music puts everyone in a good mood. Whether it is salsa, ballroom dancing or watching your favorite local band, try something new with each other, and get your heart pumping.
- Bike riding. Plan a route with amazing views, and get out in the fresh air together.
- Try a new sport. Step out of your comfort zone and try something new like bowling or tennis. Burn calories as you laugh!
- Schedule a couple’s massage. This may not seem like an active date, but a massage helps to relieve muscle tension and pain, reduce stress and improve overall health.
Make this Valentine’s Day a day to remember and bond with the one you love over a new experience while you improve your health.
Aquatic, Land-based and Manual Therapy and
Cardiopulmonary Rehab Programs