My Social Security gives you a personal online account you can securely use to check your Social Security information and do business with us. With a my Social Security account you can:
- Keep track of your earnings and verify them every year;
- Get an estimate of your future benefits if you are still working;
- Get a replacement Social Security card if you meet certain criteria;*
- Get a letter with proof of your benefits if you currently receive them; and
- Manage your benefits:
- Change your address or telephone number;
- Start or change your direct deposit;
- Get a replacement Medicare card; and
- Get a replacement SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S.
To find services and set up an account, go to www.socialsecurity.gov/myaccount.
For questions, online applications or to make an appointment to visit a SSA office, call from 7am–5pm, Mon–Fri: 1-800-772-1213 (toll free) | www.socialsecurity.gov
*This service is not yet available for use with a driver’s license or state ID issued in Hawai’i.