I love my vegetarian friends and family (my daughter eats NO meat). This can get challenging at times, but there are some vegetarian dishes that are so good even the carnivorous type will take a bite or two. On friends and family gatherings, try serving poke’ that everyone can cheer about!
- 1 lb extra firm tofu, cut into ½” cubes
- 1 cup fresh ogo seaweed, rough chopped
- ¼ cup sweet white onion, diced
- 1” piece of fresh ginger, finely minced or grated
- 1 Hawaiian chili pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon shoyu
- ½ teaspoon salt (Kosher salt works best)
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and toss to combine. Either serve immediately or store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serves: 4 – 6 as an appetizer
- Time: 15 minutes