Joseph Pilates truly was ahead of his time with his holistic approach to exercise.
“Contrology [now called ‘Pilates’] is designed to give you suppleness, natural grace and skill that will be unmistakably reflected in the way you walk, in the way you play and in the way you work,” Pilates said. “You will develop muscular power with corresponding endurance, ability to perform arduous duties, to play strenuous games,to walk, run or travel for long distances without undue body fatigue or mental strain.”
Students say that Pilates “woke up muscles I never knew I had.” “I feel relaxed yet energized.” “I now have better posture and little to no pain.”
Pilates is founded on the principals of breath, centering, precision, concentration, flow and control. A Pilates routine inherently moves the practitioner mindfully through different planes and ranges of motion, which is essential in stimulating the body and mind. Although there are classical exercises that are quintessential to Pilates, there are limitless variations. It doesn’t matter your age, gender, physicality — anyone can do it.
BENEFITS OF PILATES
• Balance & Coordination: Better equilibrium, steadiness, confidence and overall balance.
• Strength & Stamina: Improves muscle and skeletal strength and endurance.
• Flexibility & Mobility: Improves muscular flexibility and joint health.
• Improves Circulation & Detoxification: Activates the lungs and pumps the heart to move debris out of the body via the bloodstream.
• Mental Health: Clears the mind and promotes better brain function.
• Resilience: Strengthens the nervous system, which increases resilience to daily stressors.
• Vibrancy: Promotes better sleep, which builds energy and the immune system.
• Self-Care: Teaches how to care for yourself and inspires you to want to take care of yourself.
• Inspires: Staying active and improving diet.
• Pain-Free: Reduces or removes physical pain.
• Accessible: Pilates mat exercises and techniques are with you wherever you go. A Pilates routine can be enhanced by props and equipment, but they are not required.
Pilates will meet you where you are at today so you can enjoy all that life has to offer.
WAINANI WELLNESS CENTER
1144 10th Ave., Ste. 302, Honolulu, HI 96816
808-369-1992 | firstname.lastname@example.org
To best serve you, call us if you have an injury or are recovering from surgery.