Take Control of Your Home
Taking control of your environment is crucial in preventing and reducing your risk of falling.
• Keep all walkways clear of clutter or potential tripping hazards.
• Make sure your home is well-lit.
• Add grab bars inside and outside your tub or shower, and next to the toilet.
Take Control of Your Health
Taking control of your health is another important step. Keep yourself safe by being proactive regarding your health.
• Talk openly with your doctor about fall risks and prevention. Have your doctor or pharmacist review your medications.
• Consult with your doctor about an exercise program to improve your leg strength and balance.
• Get an annual eye exam. Replace eye glasses or contacts as needed.
500 Ala Moana Blvd., Ste. 2200, Honolulu, HI 96813-4993
808-522-7500 | www.MDXHawaii.com
MDX Hawai‘i has over 35 years of experience serving the people of Hawai‘i. Our
physician network represents over 630 top primary care physicians, and 2,200 leading
specialists and hospitals. MDX Hawai‘i contracts with Humana HMO, Humana
PPO and AARP/UnitedHealthcare PPO Medicare Advantage Plans.