Our “can do!” island culture values resourcefulness and cooperation when faced with challenges. “We know a guy” and where to get things, and have honed skills tūtū taught us. We don’t expect anything in return for helping out. “If can, can; if no can, no can.” We put ourselves to the task. PBS Hawai‘i (KHET or KMEB call letters in your guide) is our TV station. Our donations built it and it serves us. But don’t take it for granted.
In the current issue
- Beware of ‘InstaScams’
- A Journey of Compassion, Empathy & Courage
- The Book Sisters
- Grief and Bereavement — Part II
- Walk to End Alzheimer’s
- Navigating Mental Illness
- Paddling Her Own Canoe
- 7 Reminders for the General Election
- How to Reduce Your Investment Risk
- How To Choose an Assisted Living Facility or Nursing Home
- Think Ahead About Future Health Costs
- Can Sugar Substitutes Harm Your Teeth?
- Trust Basics
- Does Dad Need More Help?
- The Benefits of Medicare Advantage
- Guard Your SS Card
- It’s Medicare Season Again!