As we age, it may become more difficult to get a full night’s rest. This is caused by many things: changes in your body’s internal clock, spending less time outdoors or moving and a decrease in the hormones that help aid in sleep. It is a common misconception that we need less sleep as we get older. Sleep is still very important.
A common misconception is that massage is a luxury. Massage is becoming recognized as complementary medicine, along with other modalities, such as chiropractic care and acupuncture. An increasing amount of research is being conducted that demonstrates the scientific and medical benefits of massage.
In the current issue
- A Journey of Compassion, Empathy & Courage
- The Book Sisters
- Grief and Bereavement — Part II
- Walk to End Alzheimer’s
- Navigating Mental Illness
- Paddling Her Own Canoe
- 7 Reminders for the General Election
- How to Reduce Your Investment Risk
- How To Choose an Assisted Living Facility or Nursing Home
- Think Ahead About Future Health Costs
- Can Sugar Substitutes Harm Your Teeth?
- Trust Basics
- Does Dad Need More Help?
- The Benefits of Medicare Advantage
- Guard Your SS Card
- It’s Medicare Season Again!
- Grief & Bereavement — Part I