Assistance is available for some people with limited income and assets who may be eligible for a program called “Extra Help.” It’s a Medicare health plan that assists in paying costs related to a Medicare prescription drug plan. This can include monthly premiums, annual deductibles and prescription co-payments. Extra Help is estimated to be worth about $4,900 per year. Many people qualify and don’t even know it.
In the current issue
- Beware of ‘InstaScams’
- A Journey of Compassion, Empathy & Courage
- The Book Sisters
- Grief and Bereavement — Part II
- Walk to End Alzheimer’s
- Navigating Mental Illness
- Paddling Her Own Canoe
- 7 Reminders for the General Election
- How to Reduce Your Investment Risk
- How To Choose an Assisted Living Facility or Nursing Home
- Think Ahead About Future Health Costs
- Can Sugar Substitutes Harm Your Teeth?
- Trust Basics
- Does Dad Need More Help?
- The Benefits of Medicare Advantage
- Guard Your SS Card
- It’s Medicare Season Again!