February 8, 2023
This one-hour program explains basics of Alzheimer’s and dementia.
In the United States alone, more than 5 million individuals are living with Alzheimer’s and 16 million are serving as their unpaid caregivers. The disease is a global crisis that impacts numerous families right here in our community. However, no one has to face this disease alone or without information.
The Alzheimer’s Association® has created an education program covering the basics of Alzheimer’s and dementia to provide a general overview for people who are facing a diagnosis as well as those who wish to be informed.
The free one-hour Understanding Alzheimer’s and Dementia program:
● Explores the relationship between Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
● Examines what happens in a brain affected by Alzheimer’s.
● Details the risk factors for and three general stages of the disease.
● Identifies FDA-approved treatments available to treat some symptoms.
● Looks ahead to what’s on the horizon for Alzheimer’s research.
● Offers helpful Alzheimer’s Association resources.