Dementia Conversations with Special Guest Katie Ranney of The Mediation Center of the Pacific, Inc.
Conversations with family members who are showing signs of dementia can be challenging and uncomfortable. The fear or lack of awareness that may accompany these conversations can result in delays that have serious consequences for the entire family.
Common difficult discussions include:
· Going to the doctor.
· When to stop driving.
· Making legal and financial plans.
Dementia Conversations: Driving, Doctor Visits, Legal & Financial Planning is an education workshop offered by the Alzheimer’s Association that offers helpful tips to assist families in having honest and caring conversations with family members about dementia. The workshop reinforces the need to plan ahead and build a care team that communicates well in order to reduce the stress that can accompany a disease like Alzheimer’s and connects you with helpful resources to enhance quality of life for everyone involved.
In the current issue
- A Retirement Dress Rehearsal Can Ease Emotional & Financial Concerns
- Save Yourself From Sympathy Scams
- A Recipe for Conflict
- Your Estate Plan: What NOT to Do
- Get Help Paying Health & Prescription Costs
- Purpose Pals: A Kūpuna-Youth Connection
- Annual Wellness Visits to Stay Healthy
- Workers & Social Security
- Medicare: Increased Benefits for Veterans
- Help & Hope for Parkinson’s Patients
- How to Wear a Mask With Hearing Aids
- Bad Breath: Is It Poor Oral Hygiene?
- Care Lessons Learned from COVID-19
- Home Cleaning Help for the Elderly
- Long-Term Care Cost Financing Options
- To Place or Not to Place, That is the Question
- Chinese American Culture, Identity, Home
- Ching Ming Festival Honors Ancestors
- How to Be a Positive Communicator
- Kapu Breakers Help During Pandemic
- Senior Pickleball is Exploding!
- Defying the Silver Tsunami Stereotype
- Silver Lining of a COVID Cloud
- New Rules for the New Game of WORK
- Morning Habits Bring All-Day Joy
- Nine Coping Skills For Managing Stress
- Hawai‘i’s COVID-19 Vaccination Information
- Rotarians Hold First-Time Virtual RYLA Camp
- Declutter Your Home for a Move or to Age in Place Safely
- Virtually No Boundaries For Auntie Carolee