With Hawai‘i’s aging population and the majority living longer, we all start to worry about our financial security. How will I pay for my future expenses on a fixed income after retirement? Who will support me when I run out of money? What can I do to prepare myself? Educating yourself is the key to being prepared. Here are a few financial tips to point you in the right direction:
- Deciding when to sign-up for Social Security can play a big role in how much you receive for the rest of your life.
- Keeping up to date on new laws and changes in government programs for seniors.
- Consult your Realtor, accountant and attorney to evaluate your real estate and investments.
- Educate yourself on 1031 exchanges, reverse mortgages, medicare, medicaid, taxes and estate planning.
- Come up with a financial plan that will help your money outlast you!
These are all important things to consider, and List Sotheby’s Senior Concierge hosts free seminars on senior related topics year-round. Here are two upcoming events:
January 31, 2015 — Financial Considerations Workshop covers financial tips listed here.
March 14, 2015 — Legal Considerations Attorney Scott C. Suzuki, AAL, will cover trusts, estates and taxes.
For more information, registration (seating is limited) and a 2015 schedule of free seminars, please call 808-282-1399.