The City and County of Honolulu offers a real property tax credit to property owners who meet certain eligibility requirements. If you qualify, the maximum real property tax owed would not exceed 3% or 4% of your income, depending on your age.
What are the Eligibility Requirements?
- You must have a home exemption in effect on the property at the time of application and during the tax year of July 1, 2015 – June 30, 2016
- Any of the titleholders do not own any other property anywhere
- Combined income of all titleholders for the 2013 calendar year does not exceed $50,000
How Do I Apply for the Tax Credit Program?
Application available at the following locations beginning July 1, 2014 to the deadline date of September 30, 2014:
- All Satellite City Hall locations
- Treasury Division in Honolulu Hale, Room 115
- Tax Relief Section at the Standard Financial Building at 715 So. King St., Room 505
- Online at www.honolulu.gov/budget/default.html
When will the tax credit be applied to my real property taxes?
If approved, the tax credit will be applied to the July 1, 2015 – June 30, 2016 tax year.
You must file annually for this credit.
For more information and assistance in applying for the Tax Credit Program, contact the Tax Relief Office at 808-768-3205. *Information subject to change without notice.