Who’d have thought that “peroxide” could do so many useful things … Cleaning, disinfecting, laundering and even healing! Here are uses for that plain brown bottle of peroxide — under $1 on sale at any drug store.
- Canker sores: Instead of mouthwash, hold a capful in your mouth for 10 seconds daily. No more sores and your teeth will be whiter!
- Germicide: Let your toothbrushes soak in a cup of peroxide to keep them free of germs.
- Antiseptic: Soak any infections or cuts in peroxide for five to 10 minutes several times a day.
- Sinus reliever: Tilt your head back and spray into nostrils with 50-
50 mixture of water and peroxide. Hold for a few minutes, then blow out.
- Toothache: To lessen pain of a toothache, put a capful of peroxide into your mouth and hold for 10 minutes several times a day.
- Disinfectant: To kill germs on your counters, clean them with a 50-
50 mixture of peroxide and water in a spray bottle, and wipe dry.
- Disinfectant: Peroxide kills salmonella and other bacteria on your kitchen cutting board.
- Glass cleaner: Use peroxide to clean mirrors, wihout smearing.
- Healing bath: Half a bottle of peroxide in your bathwater helps get rid of boils and fungus.
- Laundry whitener: Add a cup of peroxide to a load of “no chlorine bleach” whites. If there is blood on clothing, pour directly on the soiled spot. Let it bubble for a minute, then rub it and rinse with cold water. Repeat, if necessary.
Help us share your wisdom by giving us your helpful tips. Contact Sherry Goya. Or comment on this article online.